Danica Patrick will double-dip at newly paved Kansas Speedway in October. Patrick, in her first year running full-time in the NASCAR Nationwide Series this year, announced today she will complete her 10-race schedule in the Sprint Cup Series in the Hollywood Casino 400 on Oct. 21 at Kansas Speedway.
Patrick's car will be a collaborative effort with Stewart-Haas Racing, which owns her Nationwide car, and Tommy Baldwin Racing, which owns her Sprint Cup ride. She will compete in the Kansas Lottery 300 Nationwide race on Oct. 20.
Patrick has plenty of experience at Kansas Speedway. She won her first career IndyCar Series pole in July 2005 and qualified third or better in three of her six starts at Kansas Speedway. She also had three top-10 finishes at Kansas Speedway in the IndyCar Series.
In her only NASCAR Nationwide Series start at Kansas Speedway, she started and finished 15th last October.
This season, Patrick has started all 16 Nationwide events and ranks ninth in the standings with one top 10 finish. She has made three Cup starts without a Top 10 finish.
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Execs Help Entrepreneurs, Get Chevy Volts
- Amazon Hiring on Calif.'s Central Coast
- Pandora Tumbles in Late Trading
- Sporty Ford Fiesta Fires on All 3 Cylinders
- Prison Workers Wanted
- Zillow in Reported $2B Bid for Real Estate Rival Trulia
- Jennifer Lopez Throws Big Bash for Birthday
- Small Firms Take Out the Trash in Jersey
- Citigroup Unit Paying $5 Million to Settle SEC Charges