BRISBANE, AUSTRALIA -- (Marketwire) -- 07/12/12 -- Ma'aden has awarded Bechtel the prefeasibility study contract for its proposed copper and zinc smelter projects in Saudi Arabia. The multibillion-dollar potential projects are set to include the construction of two world-class smelters.
"Our team in Saudi Arabia will bring a substantial amount of experience, both in pyro-metallurgical processes and working in Saudi Arabia and Middle East region, to this study," said Russ Barretta, Bechtel's Mining and Metals general manager for North America, Europe, and the Middle East. "We have built a strong relationship with Ma'aden Aluminium Company in the last eight years of working with them on their Ras Al Khair aluminium smelter."
Bechtel's work on the studies for the copper and zinc smelter projects will be led by a team with strong experience in Saudi Arabia and the Middle East. The company has 72 years experience in Saudi Arabia and is a global leader in the mining and metals industry. It has successfully delivered over 40 mining and metals projects in the Middle East region and more than 2,500 across the world.
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right -- no matter how big, how complex or how remote. Bechtel operates through five global business units that specialize in civil infrastructure; power generation, communications and transmission; mining and metals; oil, gas and chemicals; and government services.
Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 22,000 projects in 140 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 employees team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 50 countries. www.bechtel.com
For more information, contact:
+61 (0) 7 3182 2539
+61 (0) 7 4 1418 1566
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women