This week at the Latin Mixx Conference and Awards which was presented By Hennessy V.S, Hispanic artists Tego Calderon and Mayra Veronica were honored for their contributions to music
At the event, which was held at the Copacabana in NYC, Calderon received the Icon Award and Veronica was presented with the Latina In The Mixx Awards.
Calderon, a Puerto Rican rapper and actor, has been in the music industry for more than 15 years. In 2002, he published his first full-length album titled "El Abayarde" and despite the fact that Reggaeton was not as popular as it is today, the album sold 50,000 copies upon its release. Sales set a record for an urban music album.
Veronica is a Cuban-born, American-raised model and singer. Veronica was a part of Univision's Don Francisco Presenta, which got her noticed by FHM magazine's US edition. During the Latin Mixx Conference and Awards, Panamanian rap duo Los Rakas and Hennessy DJ Collective DJ's, DJ Eddie One, DJ Nurotic, DJ Lobo, DJ Geraldo and DJ Ito were all on hand to watch the award presentations.
Calderon also participated in a panel where he advised aspiring musicians how to advance in the music industry. The panel, moderated by Latin Mixx organizer Pills, also consisted of DJ Camillo from HOT 97, and Johnny Marines, manager for Aventura, and Romeo Santos.
Check out one of Calderon's biggest hits, "Metele Sazon"
To watch some of Veronica's video, visit her YouTube Channel: MayraVeronica.
Most Popular Stories
- World Bank: Rich Countries Must Curb Emissions
- Social Media Campaign Increases Organ Donor Registrations
- Airport Garners Social Media Award
- What Will Happen When Quantitative Easing Ends?
- MillerCoors Taps New Hispanic Ad Agency
- Immigration Reform Would Decrease U.S. Budget Deficit
- Aetna Leaving California's Individual Health Insurance Market
- Tea Party Wants to 'Audit the IRS'
- Calories Count: Starbucks to Post the Numbers on Menu Boards
- Honda Says Sorry About the Lack of Electric Fits