This week at the Latin Mixx Conference and Awards which was presented By Hennessy V.S, Hispanic artists Tego Calderon and Mayra Veronica were honored for their contributions to music
At the event, which was held at the Copacabana in NYC, Calderon received the Icon Award and Veronica was presented with the Latina In The Mixx Awards.
Calderon, a Puerto Rican rapper and actor, has been in the music industry for more than 15 years. In 2002, he published his first full-length album titled "El Abayarde" and despite the fact that Reggaeton was not as popular as it is today, the album sold 50,000 copies upon its release. Sales set a record for an urban music album.
Veronica is a Cuban-born, American-raised model and singer. Veronica was a part of Univision's Don Francisco Presenta, which got her noticed by FHM magazine's US edition. During the Latin Mixx Conference and Awards, Panamanian rap duo Los Rakas and Hennessy DJ Collective DJ's, DJ Eddie One, DJ Nurotic, DJ Lobo, DJ Geraldo and DJ Ito were all on hand to watch the award presentations.
Calderon also participated in a panel where he advised aspiring musicians how to advance in the music industry. The panel, moderated by Latin Mixx organizer Pills, also consisted of DJ Camillo from HOT 97, and Johnny Marines, manager for Aventura, and Romeo Santos.
Check out one of Calderon's biggest hits, "Metele Sazon"
To watch some of Veronica's video, visit her YouTube Channel: MayraVeronica.
Most Popular Stories
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- Kanye West 'SNL Speech' Renounces Celebrity Status
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Return of Khan?
- Apple's iPhones, iPads Approved for Military Use, Sir Yes Sir!
- Financial Times Twitter, Email Hacked
- RFD-TV launches on Charter Cable
- Manila's Hollywood Week
- Jolie Mastectomy Raises Legal Questions
- Under the alien ; Tulsa native Heather Langenkamp talks about how she got a part in the new "Star Trek" film.