July 12--In perhaps his most scathing TV ad to date, Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney is labeling President Barack Obama dishonest in a 30-second spot airing in Virginia and other key swing states.
Titled "No Evidence," the ad pushes back on aggressive attacks from the president on Romney's private sector experience specifically accusing him of outsourcing jobs while at Bain Capital.
"When a president doesn't tell the truth, how can we trust him to lead?" the narrator asks, before quoting from articles by independent fact-checkers that have debunked claims in Obama's ads on the subject.
"Candidate Obama lied about Hillary Clinton," the narrator adds before a 2008 clip of Clinton, now the president's Secretary of State, saying, "so shame on you Barack Obama."
The narrator concludes: "But America expects more from a president. Obama's dishonest campaign: Another reason America has lost confidence in Barack Obama."
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women