The iHispano.com and AMightyRiver.com networking websites for Hispanic and black professionals are launching a group to provide members with a direct line to the White House, the Professional Diversity Network announced today.
"We are thrilled to serve as a link for our members to key policymakers to ensure that their voices are heard and that they can make informed decisions about important issues that could impact their future," said Jim Kirsch, CEO of Professional Diversity Network. "By harnessing the power of social media today to interact with government and likeminded peers, they can play an active role in shaping a better future for all Americans."
The new group will give members of the group access to White House online content relevant to Latino and black professionals, White House photos and videos, engagement opportunities with administration officials on key issues, and shared open dialogue with members about current issues, according to a news release.
The websites are a division of Professional Diversity Network and have an audience of 27 million aspiring diverse professionals, the company says. Its credo is "each one reach one," referring to its community members' inclination to mentor or open a door for a trusted colleague.
The PDN network lists more than 100,000 jobs and a wide array of free personal career resources.
AMightRiver.com and iHispano.com have more than 1.9 million members, and feature job listings posted by Fortune 500 companies.
Most Popular Stories
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- Cable TV Not Going Away, Says Cable TV
- 'Fury' Blows 'Gone Girl' Out of the Box Office
- Prius Drivers Battle Stereotypes
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani
- 'Fury' Gets Into Soldiers' Minds: Brad Pitt
- Car Drivers Warned to Get Air Bags Fixed
- Alabama House Speaker Arrested on Felony Ethics Charges
- Clinton Rallies Early Vote for Landrieu
- Perez Leads Push for Obama's Job Proposals