The influence of the Hispanic palate continues. PepsiCo.'s Frito-Lay division recently debuted Doritos Dinamita, spicy, rolled flavored tortilla chips. The chips pack a zestier punch in flavors such as Chile Limon and Nacho Picoso.
"We wanted to transform the bold taste of Doritos tortilla chips into a snack that captures the exciting essence of Hispanic snack foods through the shape and flavors you would find in Latin American cuisine," said Ram Krish nan, vice president of marketing, Frito-Lay North America.
Spicy and tangy flavors are increasingly being offered to the American palate, Frito Lay officials said. This chip follows previous spicier additions to Frito-Lay's snack portfolio, including Tapatio hot sauce-flavored Doritos tortilla chips, Fritos corn chips and Ruffles potato chips, as well as Limon and Chile Limon-flavored Lay's chips.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women