Today, Colombian actress Sofia Vergara, celebrates her 40th birthday.
In 2009 she began starring as Gloria Pritchett on the ABC hit show Modern Family. For that role she was nominated for two Golden Globe Awards, two Primetime Emmy Awards, and three Screen Actors Guild Awards for Best Comedy Actress.
In 2008, the Latina was 62 on Maxim magazine's "Hot 100" list, she also was named as one of People magazine's "50 most beautiful people" and has been recognized by both the Hollywood Reporter and Billboard as one of the most influential Latinas in Hollywood.
Happy birthday Sofia!
Most Popular Stories
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- Rand Paul Tops Presidential Straw Poll at Conservative PAC Conference
- Tesla's Alt-Energy Future Aims for Massive Lithium-Ion Battery Production
- New Chat App, Yik Yak, Causes Problems for Students
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- Gas Prices May Jump from Calif. Emissions Law
- Obama Meets with Ukraine Prime Minister Wednesday
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum