BMW has given its flagship 7 Series a facelift,
refining the powertrain, upgrading the interior and adding a range of
state-of-the-art safety technology.
Subtle new design features include more dynamic lines, LED headlights with hallmark BMW corona rings and an accent strip. The kidney-shaped grille has been modified with nine slats instead of twelve.
The driver and front passenger can relax into newly designed leather seats offering optimum lateral support and more long-distance comfort, according to the carmaker. Individual seats are also available as an option for the rear and can be adapted to passengers' needs.
The optional Rear Seat Entertainment package comes with a new 9.2-inch flatscreen monitor. The 1,200-watt Bang & Olufsen High End Surround Sound System comes with 16 speakers including an illuminated centre speaker which retracts almost fully into the instrument panel.
The engines have been optimized to include fuel-saving measures such as brake energy regeneration and an Eco Pro coasting function.
Alongside the flagship BMW 760i with its 12-cylinder powerplant and the entry-level engine in the BMW 730i (not available in all markets), customers can choose from the new six-cylinder in-line engine powering the BMW 740i and the revised V8 petrol engine earmarked for the BMW 750i.
The six-cylinder diesel engines in the BMW 730d and BMW 740d likewise offer drivers the combination of increased output and lower fuel consumption.
Among the safety systems are night vision with pedestrian recognition technology, anti-dazzle LED High-Beam Assistant, Driver Assistant Plus with Stop & Go function, Active Protection with automatic fatigue recognition and Speed Limit Info including the No Passing Info display using road sign symbols.
Most Popular Stories
- Schedule packed with talent at the Fox
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- I never set out to be a role model but it's great to be one ; IN THE HOTSEATBetter known by his stage name Wretch 32, Jermaine Sinclair is a 28-year-old rapper from London. In 2011 his debut album Black and White sold over a million copies and scored three top five singles. His latest single Blackout was released this week
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- Emirati announces new film project at Cannes
- Promoter McLean 'provided more musical joy than Dylan and Prince combined'
- The Blade, Toledo, Ohio, TK Barger column
- SINCE YOU ASKED [Pittsburgh Tribune-Review (PA)]
- SET PHASERS TO DUMB Spock emotional and in love? Nonstop explosions? The highly illogical enterprise of J.J. Abrams' 'Star Trek'
- Detroit Free Press Julie Hinds column