Actors Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes are getting a divorce following five years of marriage.
People Magazine is the first to report the celebrity news.
"This is a personal and private matter for Katie and her family," says Holmes's attorney Jonathan Wolfe, according to People.com. "Katie's primary concern remains, as it always has been, her daughter's best interest."
This is Cruise's third marriage. He was previously married to two other actresses--Mimi Rogers and Nicole Kidman. He has two adopted children with Kidman. This is Holmes' only marriage.
Cruise has been heavily promoting his latest flick, The Rock of Ages, which opened June 15.
According to TMZ.com Cruise is in Iceland filmiong a movie, while Holmes and their daughter, Suri, are in New York.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women