More local/regional reactions are coming in on the Supreme Court's 5-4 decision Thursday to uphold the Affordable Care Act health reform law:
Virginia Organizing (an advocacy group pushing for health care reform):
"We are thrilled with the Supreme Court decision....This is a strong victory for Virginia's families. The Affordable Care Act expands coverage to 32 million Americans and eliminates the worst insurance company abuses for those already covered."
Americans United for Life (a non-profit pro-life organization):
"The Obama Administration and the authors of the Affordable Care Act hijacked healthcare reform as a vehicle for forcing their radical pro-abortion agenda on America."
Virginia Lt. Gov. Bill Bolling (also a 2013 gubernatorial candidate):
"I am very disappointed by the Supreme Court's decision to uphold the constitutionality of Obamacare.
It was my belief that the President and Congress overstepped their constitutional authority in requiring American citizens to purchase a product like health insurance."
Chip Forrester (Tennessee Democratic Party chairman):
"The Supreme Court affirmed what a majority of Congress and the President already knew; that the Affordable Care Act is a constitutionally appropriate response to the health care crisis facing Tennessee families.
Because of President Obama's leadership, millions of working families, including a half a million Tennesseans, will have access to doctors and affordable health care."
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women