Former U.S. Treasurer Rosario Marin to Lead Las Vegas Townhall Event.
NOTE: Speakers will address today's Supreme Court Healthcare Ruling
WASHINGTON, June 28, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Nevada Hispanics, an initiative of American Principles in Action, and The Libre Initiative, will hold a townhall event Thursday, June 28 in Las Vegas, Nevada with Rosario Marin, the 41st Treasurer of the United States. Ms. Marin is the only U.S. Treasurer ever born outside U.S. borders.
The event is part of a new effort to engage Latinos on issues ranging from immigration to free-market entrepreneurship. Dubbed "Your Vote is Your Voice: Vote Your Values," the campaign will encourage Latinos to voice their support of conservative values.
"Latino unemployment stands at a staggering 11% due to President Obama's policies and over-regulation," said Alfonso Aguilar, whose group is organizing the event. "Latinos want to see a leaner government that supports the growth of businesses, and they want leadership on fixing our broken immigration system--not the temporary, politically-motivated fix that the administration has offered."
WHO: Rosario Marin, 41st Treasurer of the United StatesMiguel Barrientos, Las Vegas Field Representative, The Libre InitiativeAlfonso Aguilar, Executive Director, Latino Partnership for Conservative Principles Nelson Santiago, Spokesperson, Nevada Hispanics
WHAT: Townhall event featuring former U.S. Treasurer Rosario Marin
WHEN: Thursday, June 28 7:00-8:30 p.m. PDT
WHERE: Hispanic-American Partnership, Inc.2950 South Rancho Drive, Suite 101Las Vegas, NV 89102
The Latino Partnership for Conservative Principles and Nevada Hispanics promote conservative values and ideals within the Latino community and works to integrate Latinos into fuller and more active participation and leadership in the conservative movement. Both are initiatives of American Principles in Action, a 501(c)(4) organization.American Principles in Action
Web site: http://www.americanprinciplesinaction.org/
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women