One U.S. Army soldier shot at a fellow soldier before turning the gun on himself hours ago at Fort Bragg, N.C., according to Col. Kevin Arata, the XVIII ABN Corps Public Affairs Chief.
Another soldier who was in the area was "slightly wounded," Arata said.
All three soldiers were from the 525th Battlefield Surveillance Brigade. The shooter is in custody.
"This is obviously a trajedy for our community and we don't yet know the reasons for the shooting, but we are working with the unit and the affected families to help them through this extremely difficult period," he said.
An investigation is under way.
Watch a video of the press conference below:
Most Popular Stories
- World Bank: Rich Countries Must Curb Emissions
- Airport Garners Social Media Award
- Social Media Campaign Increases Organ Donor Registrations
- What Will Happen When Quantitative Easing Ends?
- Immigration Reform Would Decrease U.S. Budget Deficit
- MillerCoors Taps New Hispanic Ad Agency
- Aetna Leaving California's Individual Health Insurance Market
- Conference Slated for Hispanic Tech Startups
- Tea Party Wants to 'Audit the IRS'
- Calories Count: Starbucks to Post the Numbers on Menu Boards