Citizens outside the U.S. Supreme Court Thursday
morning offered varied reactions to the court's ruling upholding
President Obama's signature affordable health-care law.
Justin Pullian, 22, of Dallas: "The Grim Reaper is for Obamacare. The long lines, the delay of care, a lot of people will die. But that's OK, it will save the government money. We need a system where individuals are allowed to choose their insurance and doctor."
Julia Frank, 60, a physician-psychiatrist from Washington, D.C.: "I like whatever it takes to get more people to have access to health care. And I have children so I was grateful for the extension of health care to my children. And I'm desperate for coverage with people with preexisting conditions."
Theresa BrownGold, 57, an artist also from Washington, D.C., supported the decision: "I was a small business owner trying every way to hire part-time people, and I had to deny them benefits and I hated that."
Most Popular Stories
- Yahoo to Pay $1.1 Billion for Tumblr
- Gas Prices Expected to Stay High
- Will Yahoo Splurge on $1-Billion acquisition of Tumblr?
- Google Fiber Making an Impact
- Federal Rules Least of Coal Industry's Problems
- New 'Arrested Development' Episodes 'Dressed Up'
- Consumer Spending Will Offset Sequester: Economists
- Yahoo Indeed Buying Tumblr
- Facebook, Twitter Announce Apps for Google Glass
- AT&T Seeks to Fill 120 Jobs in South Carolina