A Foreign Ministry spokesman said
Wednesday that the international community should work on launching
a timely political dialogue in Syria.
"The international community should focus on promoting the implementation of Special Envoy Kofi Annan's proposals, urge all parties concerned in Syria to implement relevant UN Security Council resolutions, halt the violence and launch a political dialogue with no attached preconditions or predetermined outcome," said Foreign Ministry Spokesman Hong Lei.
Hong said China believes it is "imperative to adhere to the right direction" in regards to finding a political solution to the Syrian conflict, responding to a question about a Tuesday statement by Syrian President Bashar al-Assad in which the leader said the country "is in a real state of war."
China is ready to work with the international community to push for a peaceful, fair and proper resolution to the Syrian conflict as soon as possible, Hong said.
Most Popular Stories
- Airport Garners Social Media Award
- Social Media Campaign Increases Organ Donor Registrations
- World Bank: Rich Countries Must Curb Emissions
- Intel Working on Smartwatch; Mum on Possible Apple Link
- Using Acids to Unlock Shale Oil OK, Regulator Says
- Patriots' Aaron Hernandez Questioned in Slaying
- Fed Will Keep Buying Bonds for Now; Markets Dip
- Banks Don't Follow Rules in Mortgage Settlement
- NHU, Canada College Partner on B.A. in Child Development
- Tea Party Wants to 'Audit the IRS'