New York Knicks forward Amare Stoudemire was fine $50,000 by the NBA Tuesday for using offensive and derogatory language in a Twitter message.
Stoudemire was reported to have sent an expletive and an anti-gay slur in a direct message to a fan who initially taunted him.
The fan then posted Stoudemire's reply on his account.
Most Popular Stories
- Airport Garners Social Media Award
- Social Media Campaign Increases Organ Donor Registrations
- World Bank: Rich Countries Must Curb Emissions
- Intel Working on Smartwatch; Mum on Possible Apple Link
- Using Acids to Unlock Shale Oil OK, Regulator Says
- Patriots' Aaron Hernandez Questioned in Slaying
- Fed Will Keep Buying Bonds for Now; Markets Dip
- Banks Don't Follow Rules in Mortgage Settlement
- NHU, Canada College Partner on B.A. in Child Development
- Tea Party Wants to 'Audit the IRS'