Russian Elena Vesnina stunned five-time champion
Venus Williams 6-1, 6-3 on Monday to send the American out in the
first round of Wimbledon.
The unseeded Williams was beaten in the opening round at the All England Club for only the second time in her career after falling at the first hurdle in her 1997 debut. Williams, 32, won the last of her Wimbledon titles in 2008 and played the 2009 final.
Most Popular Stories
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Apple Said to Duck Billions in Taxes
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Georgia GOP Preaches Minority Outreach