Intersport has launched Incito!, a multicultural division, the Chicago-based sports and entertainment marketing agency announced. Incito! -- which means to excite, inspire or engage -- connects brands with Hispanic, African-American and Asian-American consumers, according to a news release.
Intersports two divisions -- Sponsorship & Event Marketing and Television & Digital Media -- provide events, television, digital and social media marketing platforms for worldwide brands.
Related story: "Hispanics, Blacks Adopt Shopping Tech Faster Than Whites"
Incito! Is led by Senior Vice President Michael Rodriguez, who brings close to 15 years of agency and sales experience with him, including five years of working in the multicultural space.
In 2011, Intersport helped Allstate with a multicultural event marketing initiative to provide career resources for high school-age Hispanics in the Chicagoland area. The event featured a partnership with Univision and about 50 colleges and universities.
This year, Intersport is helping New Futuro expand from Illinois into New York, Los Angeles, Miami and Houston.
Related story: "Savvy Companies Are Looking to the Surging Hispanic Market for Growth"
In addition to Incito!, Intersport's divisions include 20 West, a producer of reality programming such as "My Strange Addiction" on The Learning Channel.
Most Popular Stories
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- Schedule packed with talent at the Fox
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- I never set out to be a role model but it's great to be one ; IN THE HOTSEATBetter known by his stage name Wretch 32, Jermaine Sinclair is a 28-year-old rapper from London. In 2011 his debut album Black and White sold over a million copies and scored three top five singles. His latest single Blackout was released this week
- Austin musicians point to a variety of reasons to appreciate McCartney
- Manila's Hollywood Week
- The Blade, Toledo, Ohio, TK Barger column
- Promoter McLean 'provided more musical joy than Dylan and Prince combined'
- Emirati announces new film project at Cannes
- SINCE YOU ASKED [Pittsburgh Tribune-Review (PA)]