Intersport has launched Incito!, a multicultural division, the Chicago-based sports and entertainment marketing agency announced. Incito! -- which means to excite, inspire or engage -- connects brands with Hispanic, African-American and Asian-American consumers, according to a news release.
Intersports two divisions -- Sponsorship & Event Marketing and Television & Digital Media -- provide events, television, digital and social media marketing platforms for worldwide brands.
Related story: "Hispanics, Blacks Adopt Shopping Tech Faster Than Whites"
Incito! Is led by Senior Vice President Michael Rodriguez, who brings close to 15 years of agency and sales experience with him, including five years of working in the multicultural space.
In 2011, Intersport helped Allstate with a multicultural event marketing initiative to provide career resources for high school-age Hispanics in the Chicagoland area. The event featured a partnership with Univision and about 50 colleges and universities.
This year, Intersport is helping New Futuro expand from Illinois into New York, Los Angeles, Miami and Houston.
Related story: "Savvy Companies Are Looking to the Surging Hispanic Market for Growth"
In addition to Incito!, Intersport's divisions include 20 West, a producer of reality programming such as "My Strange Addiction" on The Learning Channel.
Most Popular Stories
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Taco Bell Rings Up Breakfast Menu
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- California Establishes Center for Coffee Study
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- 'Holy grail of guitars' OM-45 Deluxe Available in in NY Auction
- For Obama, a Last Stab at Improving Ties with Capitol Hill
- Justin Bieber Loses Cool Over Selena Gomez
- Sunday Starts Daylight Saving Time