Intersport has launched Incito!, a multicultural division, the Chicago-based sports and entertainment marketing agency announced. Incito! -- which means to excite, inspire or engage -- connects brands with Hispanic, African-American and Asian-American consumers, according to a news release.
Intersports two divisions -- Sponsorship & Event Marketing and Television & Digital Media -- provide events, television, digital and social media marketing platforms for worldwide brands.
Related story: "Hispanics, Blacks Adopt Shopping Tech Faster Than Whites"
Incito! Is led by Senior Vice President Michael Rodriguez, who brings close to 15 years of agency and sales experience with him, including five years of working in the multicultural space.
In 2011, Intersport helped Allstate with a multicultural event marketing initiative to provide career resources for high school-age Hispanics in the Chicagoland area. The event featured a partnership with Univision and about 50 colleges and universities.
This year, Intersport is helping New Futuro expand from Illinois into New York, Los Angeles, Miami and Houston.
Related story: "Savvy Companies Are Looking to the Surging Hispanic Market for Growth"
In addition to Incito!, Intersport's divisions include 20 West, a producer of reality programming such as "My Strange Addiction" on The Learning Channel.
Most Popular Stories
- Rackspace Ends Talks About Possible Acquisition
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- Missouri GM Plant Adding 750 jobs
- Family Dollar Spurning Bid From Dollar General
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Cedeno Named USHCC Businessman of the Year