I was saddened to hear TV's favorite storekeeper, Sam Drucker, died June 8. Frank Cady played Drucker on three popular TV series, "Petticoat Junction" (1963-70), "Green Acres" (1965-71) and "The Beverly Hillbillies" (1968-70).
What's even more astounding is Cady made an appearance as America's favorite storekeeper in a total of 317 episodes during the run of these three series, according to IMDb.
How well do you remember the cast of these three shows?
1. Name the three sisters on "Petticoat Junction."
2. Can you name the actress who played their mother on "Petticoat Junction?" She died in 1968 during the run of the show.
3. The dog on "Petticoat Junction" went on to star in his own movie. What was the film called?
4. This actress starred as bank secretary Janet Trego on "The Beverly Hillbillies."
5. What was Granny's name on "The Beverly Hillbillies?"
6. What famous comedian played Shifty Shafer/Honest John on "The Beverly Hillbillies?"
7. Name the farm hand on "Green Acres."
8. What was the pig's name on "Green Acres?"
9. What were the names of the brother and sister carpenters on "Green Acres?"
Answers: 1. Bobbie Jo, Billie Jo and Betty Jo Bradley. 2. Bea Benaderet. 3. "Benji." 4. Sharon Tate. 5. Daisy Moses. 6. Phil Silvers ("Sgt. Bilko"). 7. Eb Dawson. 8. Arnold Ziffle. 9. Alf and Ralph Monroe.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women