West Texas Intermediate crude oil slid under $79 per barrel Monday, with traders uncertain a fix would be found for Europe's debt crisis.
Crude oil for August delivery lost $.132 to reach $78.44 in New York. Home heating oil shed 1.34 cents to reach $2.5186 per gallon.
Reformulated blendstock gasoline gained 0.77 cents to $2.4753 per gallon.
Natural gas for July delivery added 8.5 cents to $2.71 per million British thermal units.
At the pump, the national average price of unleaded gasoline dropped to $3.411 Monday from Sunday's $3.42, AAA said.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women