Tony Parker is suing the Manhattan nightclub where a brawl broke out on June 14, allegedly involving entertainers Drake and Chris Brown.
Parker, the San Antonio Spurs point guard, suffered a corneal laceration of the left eye and other injuries during the bottle throwing and is asking for $20 million in damages against W.i.P. nightclub for not maintaining control that night, according to E!News.
Court documents, which were filed yesterday, Parker alleges that he was at the club sitting at a table "away from Brown and Drake when, per media reports, 'at some point Drake's entourage and Brown's entourage entered into an altercation involving bottle throwing, possible gunshots and a general melee,'" reports E!
Related story: "Lil Wayne to Drake and Chris Brown: Get Over It"
Neither Brown nor Drake are listed as defendants, with Parker and his lawyer David Jaroslawicz blaming the club for the situation.
"The defendants were reckless, careless and negligent in permitting Drake's entourage and Brown's entourage to be in the club at the same time despite known tension between the two," reads the suit, according to RollingStone.com.
Most Popular Stories
- Social Media Campaign Increases Organ Donor Registrations
- Airport Garners Social Media Award
- What Will Happen When Quantitative Easing Ends?
- MillerCoors Taps New Hispanic Ad Agency
- Aetna Leaving California's Individual Health Insurance Market
- Immigration Reform Would Decrease U.S. Budget Deficit
- Calories Count: Starbucks to Post the Numbers on Menu Boards
- Honda Says Sorry About the Lack of Electric Fits
- Patriots' Aaron Hernandez Questioned in Slaying
- President Obama Hints at Bernanke Exit