The house where Leonardo da Vinci was born 560 years ago reopened
to the public on Friday following extensive restoration.
The Renaissance artist and inventor's home in the idyllic Tuscan village of Anchiano was restored under the supervision of Daniela Lamberini, an architecture professor at the University of Florence.
The work included an interactive multi-media installation.
Da Vinci was born on April 15, 1452. His works include the iconic Mona Lisa and The Last Supper.
After Friday's inauguration, a ticket is 2 euros, or an 8-euro package is available which includes admission to the Leonardo Museum in neighbouring Vinci -- home of the artist's father.
Most Popular Stories
- I never set out to be a role model but it's great to be one ; IN THE HOTSEATBetter known by his stage name Wretch 32, Jermaine Sinclair is a 28-year-old rapper from London. In 2011 his debut album Black and White sold over a million copies and scored three top five singles. His latest single Blackout was released this week
- Promoter McLean 'provided more musical joy than Dylan and Prince combined'
- Emirati announces new film project at Cannes
- Schedule packed with talent at the Fox
- SINCE YOU ASKED [Pittsburgh Tribune-Review (PA)]
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- SET PHASERS TO DUMB Spock emotional and in love? Nonstop explosions? The highly illogical enterprise of J.J. Abrams' 'Star Trek'
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- Contra Costa Times Chuck Barney column
- The News & Advance, Lynchburg, Va., Casey Gillis column