Filmmaker Robert Rodriguez says he has hired bad-boy actor Charlie Sheen to play the president of the United States in his action flick "Machete Kills."
"I just cast Charlie Sheen in #machetekills as the President of the United States! Who better? More soon..." Rodriguez said via Twitter.
Sheen later re-tweeted the post about his role in the sequel to the 2010 movie "Machete."
The cast will include original star Danny Trejo, as well as Mel Gibson, who is new to the franchise.
Sheen, who has long battled addictions to drugs and alcohol, was fired from his CBS sitcom "Two and a Half Men" last year because of his drug use and related erratic behavior. He is now the star of the new FX comedy series "Anger Management."
His father, Martin Sheen, played a beloved president on the political drama "The West Wing."
Most Popular Stories
- Social Media Campaign Increases Organ Donor Registrations
- Airport Garners Social Media Award
- What Will Happen When Quantitative Easing Ends?
- MillerCoors Taps New Hispanic Ad Agency
- Aetna Leaving California's Individual Health Insurance Market
- Immigration Reform Would Decrease U.S. Budget Deficit
- Calories Count: Starbucks to Post the Numbers on Menu Boards
- Honda Says Sorry About the Lack of Electric Fits
- Patriots' Aaron Hernandez Questioned in Slaying
- President Obama Hints at Bernanke Exit