The 3M Co. is acquiring the electronic toll collection business and other assets of Federal Signal Corp., the companies announced Thursday, June 21.
3M, based in Maplewood, paid $110 million in cash for the deal, which also includes Federal Signal's parking management hardware and software services. Those businesses are part of the company's Federal Signal Technologies Group.
The acquisition will serve what 3M calls a "fast-growing $3 billion electronic tolling industry" which is projected to grow at greater than 12 percent per year, as government agencies rely on toll roads to fund infrastructure.
Federal Signal is headquartered in Oak Brook, Ill. The Federal Signal Technologies Group employs about 500 people and has facilities around the world.
Most Popular Stories
- Facebook, Twitter Announce Apps for Google Glass
- Will Yahoo Splurge on $1-Billion acquisition of Tumblr?
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Return of Khan?
- Google Fiber Making an Impact
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- Exciting Night for UFC Fans
- Teen Drivers Should Be Prepared for Any Car-Related Situation
- Summer Movies Aimed at Young Men, Teen Boys
- RFD-TV launches on Charter Cable