Twitter, the popular microblogging service, experienced technical difficulties Thursday morning that kept users from posting or accessing the site.
The San Francisco company posted a message on its Status blog around 9:30 a.m. Pacific time that read "Users may be experiencing issues accessing Twitter. Our engineers are currently working to resolve the issue."
The site began having issues about 9 a.m. Pacific time Thursday morning, timing out for those attempting to access the website.
"It's annoying. It's down a lot but today is the worst it's been," Anna Lee said, commenting on a Mercury News Facebook post about the outage.
Just after 10 a.m., users in the Bay Area reported that the service was again working for them, and Twitter updated its Status blog by 10:45 a.m. to say "The issue has been resolved and all services are currently operational."
Witin minutes, however, that status was changed to say "The issue is on-going and engineers are working to resolve it," as users again faced issues accessing the site.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women