Alaska businessman Todd Palin is one of the celebrities competing in a new NBC reality series coming in August.
Palin, husband of former vice-presidential candidate Sarah Palin, joins four-time undefeated world boxing champion Laila Ali, actor Dean Cain, Nick Lachey, Olympic gold medalist Picabo Street, "The Biggest Loser" trainer Dolvett Quince and WWE Diva Eve Torres in "Stars Earn Stripes."
The new series, with hosts Gen. Wesley Clark, the former Supreme Allied Commander Europe for NATO and 2004 presidential candidate, and television personality Samantha Harris, is designed to honor America's armed forces, according to NBC. It is being executive produced by Dick Wolf, Mark Burnett and David Hurwitz.
In the show, eight competitors tackle "complicated and difficult missions that are inspired by real military exercises." Each is paired with an "operative" who is a member or a former member of the armed forces or law enforcement agencies who will coach and guide them in their training and will compete with them in each of their missions.
The missions include everything from helicopter drops to long-range weapons. The goal of the competitors is to win a cash prize for military-, veterans- and first-responder-based charities. Each week one of the teams will be eliminated.
"Stars Earn Stripes" premieres with a two-hour pilot at 7 p.m. Aug. 13 on channel 2, cable 9.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Pope Francis, Huge Crowd Joyously Celebrate Easter
- Automakers Turn to China to Fuel Sales Growth
- NASA's Space Station Robonaut Finally Getting Legs
- Ohio Couple Married 70 Years, Die 15 Hours Apart
- Report: Iran VP Says Row Over Reactor Resolved
- Confusion, Anger as Sunken Ferry's Relatives Wait
- Iran Denounces U.S. Ruling to Sell Property
- GOP Making Bold Play for Oregon Senate Seat
- Putin: No Blocks to Boosting Relations With West