Alaska businessman Todd Palin is one of the celebrities competing in a new NBC reality series coming in August.
Palin, husband of former vice-presidential candidate Sarah Palin, joins four-time undefeated world boxing champion Laila Ali, actor Dean Cain, Nick Lachey, Olympic gold medalist Picabo Street, "The Biggest Loser" trainer Dolvett Quince and WWE Diva Eve Torres in "Stars Earn Stripes."
The new series, with hosts Gen. Wesley Clark, the former Supreme Allied Commander Europe for NATO and 2004 presidential candidate, and television personality Samantha Harris, is designed to honor America's armed forces, according to NBC. It is being executive produced by Dick Wolf, Mark Burnett and David Hurwitz.
In the show, eight competitors tackle "complicated and difficult missions that are inspired by real military exercises." Each is paired with an "operative" who is a member or a former member of the armed forces or law enforcement agencies who will coach and guide them in their training and will compete with them in each of their missions.
The missions include everything from helicopter drops to long-range weapons. The goal of the competitors is to win a cash prize for military-, veterans- and first-responder-based charities. Each week one of the teams will be eliminated.
"Stars Earn Stripes" premieres with a two-hour pilot at 7 p.m. Aug. 13 on channel 2, cable 9.
Most Popular Stories
- 5 Potential Snags to the Bipartisan Budget Deal
- Adam Levine Wins Big as 'The Voice' Crowns Champ
- Archer Daniels Midland Moving HQ to Chicago
- From Fiscal Cliff to Female Head of GM: 2013 in Review
- Budget Deal on Brink of Passing in Senate
- U.S. Home Construction Hammers Out 5-Year High
- Broadband Policies Could Mean 11,000 Jobs
- William Morris Endeavor Eats up IMG
- Wine Collector Convicted of Making Fake Vintages
- Apple: Disney Animation iPad App Best of 2013