Toyota and Lexus vehicles captured five segment awards and five Toyota manufacturing facilities in Japan and North America won plant awards, including one Gold, in the J.D. Power 2012 Initial Quality Study (IQS), more than any other automaker in both categories.
The study also found:
-- Toyota has fewer problems than the premium brands industry average;
-- 15 Toyota, Lexus, and Scion models ranked in the top three of the segments they compete in;
-- Corolla is the highest performing non-premium model, it also ranks fifth overall;
-- The all-new Prius v garnered second place in a closely contested segment; and
-- The redesigned Camry scores even better than last year's model
"We are very pleased with this year's Initial Quality Study honors", said Ray Tanguay, Senior Vice President and Chief Quality Officer Toyota Motor North America, Inc. "These accolades echo our enduring commitment to quality, value, and customer satisfaction."
Additional examples of Toyota's commitment to the highest standards for quality, safety, reliability and retained value include:
-- Eight Lexus, Toyota, and Scion models captured segment awards in the 2012 J.D. Power and Associates Vehicle Dependability Study, a performance equal to all other vehicle brands combined and more than twice as many as the runner-up nameplate.
-- Lexus ranked highest in customer satisfaction among luxury brands and led the industry in the J.D. Power and Associates 2012 Customer Service Index (CSI) Study for the fourth consecutive year.
-- 17 Toyota, Lexus and Scion models were named 2012 "Top Safety Picks" by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety: Toyota Avalon, Camry,
Corolla, Highlander, Prius, Prius c, Prius v, Sienna, Tundra (crew cab), Venza and Yaris (4-door hatchback); Scion tC, xB and xD; and Lexus CT 200h, GS and RX.
-- The 2012 Camry, Camry Hybrid, Prius, and Scion tC earned five stars for Overall safety from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), the highest rating possible.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women