Gold prices slid slightly on the Comex division of the New York Mercantile Exchange Monday, losing $3.80, or 0.23 percent, to $1,623.20 per troy ounce.
Silver lost 30 cents to close at $28.36 per troy ounce.
The dollar was mixed across Asia and lower in Europe with the dollar index off 0.65 percent to 81.40 on the International Exchange.
The euro rose to $1.2688 from Monday's $1.2575. Against the yen, the dollar fell to 78.96 yen from Monday's 78.95 yen.
The British pound was $1.5725, unchanged. The Australian dollar was trading at $1.0193 from $1.0189.
Most Popular Stories
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- GM Joins Nissan to Supply Small Cargo Vehicle
- Georgia GOP Preaches Minority Outreach
- Ford's Supplier Diversity Program Turns 35
- Ford Trucks See Boost as Roadshow Reaches Saudi Arabia
- Kerry Concerned Over Blasphemy Laws, Anti-Semitism
- GM to Rejoin S&P 500, Akerson Says
- Ladies in White Group Needs Help From Abroad
- Ohio Valley Bank Joins Federal Reserve System