Microsoft sent word Monday that its "major" announcement will be made at Milk Studios in Hollywood Monday afternoon.
According to its website, Milk, based in L.A. and New York, "stands at the crossroads of the fashion, music, photography and film worlds. ... Milk spans contemporary culture and is a hub for supporting partnerships with some of the industry's most visionary talent and innovative brands."
Milk Studios, apparently one of New York's most famous photo studios, started its Hollywood branch a few years ago as magazines and advertisers increasingly turned to celebrities, rather than models, for their campaigns, according to a 2009 Los Angeles Times article.
"To accommodate shooters and their red-carpet clientele, Milk Studios plans to build an elaborate facility near Paramount Studios capable of catering to the needs and whims that emerge when celebrity and high fashion meet," the L.A. Times story says.
One of the founders quoted in the L.A. Times said they named their studio "Milk" because "it is one of the most beautiful-looking words."
So what could all this mean for Microsoft? An Xbox Surface? (That's what the latest rumors are saying: That what could be unveiled Monday is a 7-inch tablet called Xbox Surface. Liveside.net has what it says are leaked specs.) Or could it be an Xbox-brand tablet with Milk Studios content? More celebs across all of Microsoft's content? Airtime via Facebook on Bing and Xbox?
Most Popular Stories
- World Bank: Rich Countries Must Curb Emissions
- Airport Garners Social Media Award
- Social Media Campaign Increases Organ Donor Registrations
- Immigration Reform Would Decrease U.S. Budget Deficit
- Conference Slated for Hispanic Tech Startups
- Tea Party Wants to 'Audit the IRS'
- Using Acids to Unlock Shale Oil OK, Regulator Says
- Amazon Doesn't Need Tax Breaks but Gets Offered Millions
- Patriots' Aaron Hernandez Questioned in Slaying
- Banks Don't Follow Rules in Mortgage Settlement