U.S. pop star Lady Gaga said Thursday her first fragrance, "Lady Gaga Fame," will be black and released in September.
The perfume is being created through the singer's own Haus Laboratories in association with Coty.
Coty said the fragrance will be the first black Eau de Parfum that sprays clear and becomes invisible once airborne.
"The scent is built around three main accords: dark, sensual and light," the company said. "The dark accord was inspired by Belladonna, the deadly nightshade possessed by haunted beauties since the 18th century. From this darkness, the fragrance evolves to a sensual accord of opulence, a fusion of dripping honey, saffron and apricot nectar. And lastly, the light accord whispers magnificence. The rich floral layer of crushed Tiger Orchid and Jasmine Sambac embodies timeless beauty. The accords work together to create a fragrance of floral and fruity elements, with the star ingredient inspired by Belladonna leveling out the whole fragrance and giving 'Lady Gaga Fame' its signature as a scent."
"Enjoy the first ever fragrance from Haus Laboratories. 'Fame,' a beautiful prospect with a dark heart," Lady Gaga said in a statement.
Most Popular Stories
- 2015 Mazda MX-5 Miata Is Fast and Eager
- Tablets, Cars Drive AT&T Gains
- Tech Firms Flock to LA's 'Silicon Beach'
- Small Businesses Add 3 More Worries to Their List
- Apple Warns of China iCloud Attack
- Job Hunting Is Hard Work
- DOMA Tech Adding Jobs to Process VA Claims
- Ford, GM Expect to Report Strong Profits
- Consumer Prices Edge Up, Surprising Economists
- Stocks Subdued After Gains Earlier in Week