U.S. pop star Lady Gaga said Thursday her first fragrance, "Lady Gaga Fame," will be black and released in September.
The perfume is being created through the singer's own Haus Laboratories in association with Coty.
Coty said the fragrance will be the first black Eau de Parfum that sprays clear and becomes invisible once airborne.
"The scent is built around three main accords: dark, sensual and light," the company said. "The dark accord was inspired by Belladonna, the deadly nightshade possessed by haunted beauties since the 18th century. From this darkness, the fragrance evolves to a sensual accord of opulence, a fusion of dripping honey, saffron and apricot nectar. And lastly, the light accord whispers magnificence. The rich floral layer of crushed Tiger Orchid and Jasmine Sambac embodies timeless beauty. The accords work together to create a fragrance of floral and fruity elements, with the star ingredient inspired by Belladonna leveling out the whole fragrance and giving 'Lady Gaga Fame' its signature as a scent."
"Enjoy the first ever fragrance from Haus Laboratories. 'Fame,' a beautiful prospect with a dark heart," Lady Gaga said in a statement.
Most Popular Stories
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Ricky Martin Joins 'The Voice ... Mexico'
- Ukraine Says Russians Firing Across the Border
- Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull to Perform at Fashion Rocks
- Ford Q2 Net Profit up 6 Percent
- U.S. Weighs Refugee Status for Immigrant Kids