U.S. pop star Lady Gaga said Thursday her first fragrance, "Lady Gaga Fame," will be black and released in September.
The perfume is being created through the singer's own Haus Laboratories in association with Coty.
Coty said the fragrance will be the first black Eau de Parfum that sprays clear and becomes invisible once airborne.
"The scent is built around three main accords: dark, sensual and light," the company said. "The dark accord was inspired by Belladonna, the deadly nightshade possessed by haunted beauties since the 18th century. From this darkness, the fragrance evolves to a sensual accord of opulence, a fusion of dripping honey, saffron and apricot nectar. And lastly, the light accord whispers magnificence. The rich floral layer of crushed Tiger Orchid and Jasmine Sambac embodies timeless beauty. The accords work together to create a fragrance of floral and fruity elements, with the star ingredient inspired by Belladonna leveling out the whole fragrance and giving 'Lady Gaga Fame' its signature as a scent."
"Enjoy the first ever fragrance from Haus Laboratories. 'Fame,' a beautiful prospect with a dark heart," Lady Gaga said in a statement.
Most Popular Stories
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- Schedule packed with talent at the Fox
- Manila's Hollywood Week
- I never set out to be a role model but it's great to be one ; IN THE HOTSEATBetter known by his stage name Wretch 32, Jermaine Sinclair is a 28-year-old rapper from London. In 2011 his debut album Black and White sold over a million copies and scored three top five singles. His latest single Blackout was released this week
- Austin musicians point to a variety of reasons to appreciate McCartney
- Financial Times Twitter, Email Hacked
- Apple's iPhones, iPads Approved for Military Use, Sir Yes Sir!
- SINCE YOU ASKED [Pittsburgh Tribune-Review (PA)]
- Promoter McLean 'provided more musical joy than Dylan and Prince combined'