Former "Sex and the City" star Sarah Jessica held a fundraiser in New York for the re-election campaign of U.S. President Barack Obama.
UsMagazine.com said Meryl Streep, Aretha Franklin, Anna Wintour, Olivia Wilde, Michael Kors and Andy Cohen were among the 50 guests at Thursday's $40,000-per-plate dinner.
First lady Michelle Obama also attended the event, although Parker's husband, actor Matthew Broderick, missed it because he was performing on Broadway in "Nice Work if You Can Get It," the magazine said.
"We're going to have to fight for it because the American people are tired," UsMagazine.com said the president told the guests about being re-elected in the fall. "They've gone through a very tough economy. They're still having a tough time. And that's why this election is going to be close. The other side is going to spend $500 million with a very simple message, which is: 'You're frustrated, you're disappointed, and it's the fault of the guy in the White House.' And that's an elegant message. It happens to be wrong. But it's crisp. You can fit it on a bumper sticker. We're going to have to work hard in this election. We're going to have to work harder than we did in 2008."
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women