US President Barack Obama raised some $2 million Thursday at a campaign fundraising dinner hosted by Sex and the City star Sarah Jessica Parker, where guests paid $40,000 per seat, the New York Daily News reported.
The event, co-hosted by Vogue editor Anna Wintour, had been lambasted by Republican figures as showing that Obama was out of touch with those suffering from the economic crisis.
Among those who attended the event at party Parker's Manhattan home were actress Meryl Streep, fashion designer Michael Kors and soul legend Aretha Franklin.
Most Popular Stories
- Aetna Leaving California's Individual Health Insurance Market
- Honda Says Sorry About the Lack of Electric Fits
- Calories Count: Starbucks to Post the Numbers on Menu Boards
- Comcast Takes a Stake in a YouTube Content Provider
- OSH Selling Most of Its Stores to Lowe's
- What Will Happen When Quantitative Easing Ends?
- First Person Cured of AIDS Virus Wants to Help Others
- Katy Perry: Learned About Divorce Via Text Message
- Is Stock Balloon Really a Pinata?
- Google Wants to Share PRISM Information