Northwestern Mutual today announced its participation in several national conferences that will team the company with a group of diverse organizations, including the National Society of Hispanic MBAs (NSHMBA).
The conferences are part of the largest recruiting effort in the company's 155 years of operation and will connect with thousands of professionals and career-seekers through sponsorships and in-person activities.
The first of the conferences will occur this week (June 13-16), during the National Association of Black Accountants (NABA) in Phoenix.
"We're seeing growing consumer demand for financial security, so we're vigorously seeking and training financial professionals to help us keep pace," said Steven Mannebach, vice president of field growth and development at Northwestern Mutual. "These sponsorships will enable Northwestern Mutual to reach thousands of professionals seeking to develop either careers or financial plans with an industry leader."
Northwestern Mutual in Milwaukee, Wisc., is a life insurance company that helps clients achieve financial security. As a mutual company with $1.2 trillion of life insurance protection in force, Northwestern Mutual has no shareholders. The company focuses solely and directly on its clients and seeks to deliver consistent and dependable value to them over time, according to a news release.
Expect Northwestern Mutual's recruiting efforts at the following conferences:
-- Association of Latino Professionals in Finance and Accounting (ALPFA), Aug. 11-16 in Las Vegas, Nev.
-- National Black MBA Association (NBMBAA), Sept. 25-29 in Indianapolis, Ind.
-- NSHMBA, Oct. 4-6 in Orlando, Fla.
For 15 years in a row, Northwestern Mutual's financial representative internship program has been named among Vault magazine's Top 10 Internships in America. Interns are given the opportunity to work with a mentor for an inside look at the industry.
Visit Northwestern Mutual's website at www.northwesternmutual.com or follow the company on Twitter.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women