Public relations veteran John Echeveste of VPE Public Relations was recently recognized on both coasts by the Hispanicize 2012 Conference and Cal State University Fullerton for his 30-year record of service to the public relations profession.
Echeveste is a partner at VPE.
In April, Echeveste received the Visionary Award from Manny Ruiz, founder of the Hispanicize conference at its third annual event in Miami. He was cited for "paving the way and steadfast commitment to Hispanics in the public relations profession and to Hispanicize."
More than 700 participants from a broad range of Hispanic marketing disciplines attended the event.
In May, Echeveste was named Communicator of the Year by his alma mater, the Department of Communications at California State University Fullerton. The award was presented at the college's annual scholarships and awards ceremony at the Richard Nixon Library in Yorba Linda, Calif.
He was selected for the award by the faculty of the department, one of the largest communications departments in the country.
Echeveste co-founded the Hispanic Public Relations Association in 1985, and has remained active in the organization as it has grown to a national level and awarded almost $200,000 in scholarships. He also served as president of the Public Relations Global Network, an organization of 45 independent public relations around the world.
VPE Public Relations, headquartered in South Pasadena, Calif., was founded in 1988, and is recognized as the country's most established public relations firm serving the national Hispanic market, according to a company release.
VPE represents a diverse portfolio of corporate, nonprofit and governmental accounts, including McDonalds's, Disneyland and the California Wellness Foundation.
Here's a video of a recent interview with Echeveste and Steve Barrett of PR Week:
Most Popular Stories
- McDonald's Packages Coffee for National Distribution
- Castro-Blanco Joins Fifth Street Finance Board
- HTC Makes Windows Version of Flagship One Phone
- Ballmer Steps Down From Microsoft Board
- Rising Freight Prices Signal Global Recovery
- Eric Holder Bringing Civil Rights Reminders to Ferguson
- Sprint Cancels Framily, Rolls Out New Data Pricing Plan
- Uber Hires Obama Campaign Manager David Plouffe
- Russia Claims Ukraine Leaders Are Satanists, Jews or Maybe Even Scientologists
- Bob Marley Musical to Make Premiere in Baltimore