McDonald's (NYSE: MCD) is introducing two new, limited-time menu items for this summer. McDonald's has been known to cause a commotion with its limited-availability menu items, especially the McRib (usually autumn) and Shamrock Shakes (every March); these two new berry-centric menu items may have customers clamoring for the summer season as well. The items are a beverage, the McCafe Cherry Berry Chiller, and a breakfast item, Blueberry Banana Nut Oatmeal.
The McCafe Cherry Berry Chiller, which McDonald's says is available starting today, boasts 100 percent fruit juice with natural flavors that "combine the sweetness of cherries and raspberries in a refreshing, sippable icy blend." It is due to be on the menu until Sept. 3. The company notes that the McCafe Frozen Strawberry Lemonade has also returned in a limited release this summer.
Still pending, but available later this month, is the Blueberry Banana Nut Oatmeal. McDonald's describes the dish as featuring "fresh, juicy blueberries and crunchy walnuts along with a tasty hint of real banana." The company says that the Blueberry Banana Nut Oatmeal will be available all day at participating locations through August 3.
Most Popular Stories
- Fed Committee Optimistic About Growth Prospects
- Samsung Earnings Hit by Slowing China Sales
- Ex-CalPERS Chief Admits Receiving Bribes
- Musk Donates to Tesla Museum
- U.S.' No. 2, No. 3 Tobacco Cos in Merger Talks
- Terrific World Cup Ends with Marquee Final in Brazil
- Freshman Frustrations in Congress
- Crumbs to Be Reopened by Chicago-based Investor, Owner of Dippin' Dots
- Sales Show Samsung Needs Next Big Thing
- Pau Gasol Turns Down Lakers' Offer