McDonald's (NYSE: MCD) is introducing two new, limited-time menu items for this summer. McDonald's has been known to cause a commotion with its limited-availability menu items, especially the McRib (usually autumn) and Shamrock Shakes (every March); these two new berry-centric menu items may have customers clamoring for the summer season as well. The items are a beverage, the McCafe Cherry Berry Chiller, and a breakfast item, Blueberry Banana Nut Oatmeal.
The McCafe Cherry Berry Chiller, which McDonald's says is available starting today, boasts 100 percent fruit juice with natural flavors that "combine the sweetness of cherries and raspberries in a refreshing, sippable icy blend." It is due to be on the menu until Sept. 3. The company notes that the McCafe Frozen Strawberry Lemonade has also returned in a limited release this summer.
Still pending, but available later this month, is the Blueberry Banana Nut Oatmeal. McDonald's describes the dish as featuring "fresh, juicy blueberries and crunchy walnuts along with a tasty hint of real banana." The company says that the Blueberry Banana Nut Oatmeal will be available all day at participating locations through August 3.
Most Popular Stories
- Hezbollah Chief's Assassination Claimed by Sunni Group
- Allstate Seeks to Invest in Minority Firms
- SpaceX's Satellite Launch Is 'Game-Changer'
- U.S. Growth Stayed Steady During Shutdown, Fed Says
- Newtown Massacre Heard on 911 Recordings
- Latin Music Conference Turns 25
- Climate Change Early Warning System Urged
- Guardian Pressured to Stop NSA Stories: Editor
- New Home Sales Shoot up 25 Percent in October
- Reid Confident Congress to Pass Immigration Bill