McDonald's (NYSE: MCD) is introducing two new, limited-time menu items for this summer. McDonald's has been known to cause a commotion with its limited-availability menu items, especially the McRib (usually autumn) and Shamrock Shakes (every March); these two new berry-centric menu items may have customers clamoring for the summer season as well. The items are a beverage, the McCafe Cherry Berry Chiller, and a breakfast item, Blueberry Banana Nut Oatmeal.
The McCafe Cherry Berry Chiller, which McDonald's says is available starting today, boasts 100 percent fruit juice with natural flavors that "combine the sweetness of cherries and raspberries in a refreshing, sippable icy blend." It is due to be on the menu until Sept. 3. The company notes that the McCafe Frozen Strawberry Lemonade has also returned in a limited release this summer.
Still pending, but available later this month, is the Blueberry Banana Nut Oatmeal. McDonald's describes the dish as featuring "fresh, juicy blueberries and crunchy walnuts along with a tasty hint of real banana." The company says that the Blueberry Banana Nut Oatmeal will be available all day at participating locations through August 3.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Ford's Supplier Diversity Program Turns 35
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion