McDonald's (NYSE: MCD) is introducing two new, limited-time menu items for this summer. McDonald's has been known to cause a commotion with its limited-availability menu items, especially the McRib (usually autumn) and Shamrock Shakes (every March); these two new berry-centric menu items may have customers clamoring for the summer season as well. The items are a beverage, the McCafe Cherry Berry Chiller, and a breakfast item, Blueberry Banana Nut Oatmeal.
The McCafe Cherry Berry Chiller, which McDonald's says is available starting today, boasts 100 percent fruit juice with natural flavors that "combine the sweetness of cherries and raspberries in a refreshing, sippable icy blend." It is due to be on the menu until Sept. 3. The company notes that the McCafe Frozen Strawberry Lemonade has also returned in a limited release this summer.
Still pending, but available later this month, is the Blueberry Banana Nut Oatmeal. McDonald's describes the dish as featuring "fresh, juicy blueberries and crunchy walnuts along with a tasty hint of real banana." The company says that the Blueberry Banana Nut Oatmeal will be available all day at participating locations through August 3.
Most Popular Stories
- Rackspace Ends Talks About Possible Acquisition
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- Missouri GM Plant Adding 750 jobs
- Family Dollar Spurning Bid From Dollar General
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006