This 2012 hybrid is a part of the third-generation Prius, which was all-new for the 2010 model year.
According to Toyota, more than a million Prius autos have been sold in the U.S. since 2000.
The 2012 Prius offers four driving modes ("normal," "power," eco" and "EV"). The EV mode allows driving on battery power alone at low speeds for about a mile, if conditions permit.
A 1.8-liter Atkinson-cycle, four-cylinder engine produces 98 horsepower at 5,200 rpm. Together with its electric motor, the hybrid system generates a combined 134 net horsepower.
The Prius starts at $32,000 MSRP.
Most Popular Stories
- E.U. Puts Sanctions on Russia, Ukraine Officials
- Microsoft Releases Free OneNote for Mac
- Crimea Seeks Financial Integration With Russia
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Jack Daniel's Resists Changes to Tenn. Whiskey Law
- Homebuilders Show Rising Confidence in Market
- Chile Shaken by Major Aftershock
- Obama Imposes Sanctions on Russian Officials
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- 'Walking Dead' Takes a Shocking Turn: Recap