This 2012 hybrid is a part of the third-generation Prius, which was all-new for the 2010 model year.
According to Toyota, more than a million Prius autos have been sold in the U.S. since 2000.
The 2012 Prius offers four driving modes ("normal," "power," eco" and "EV"). The EV mode allows driving on battery power alone at low speeds for about a mile, if conditions permit.
A 1.8-liter Atkinson-cycle, four-cylinder engine produces 98 horsepower at 5,200 rpm. Together with its electric motor, the hybrid system generates a combined 134 net horsepower.
The Prius starts at $32,000 MSRP.
Most Popular Stories
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- Contra Costa Times Chuck Barney column
- Gillian Anderson is fired up in 'The Fall', but Whicher is suspiciously dull ; The former 'X-Files' star channels her inner Helen Mirren in a new crime drama set in Belfast
- Portland's Arts District to host theater festival from June 26-30 [Sun Journal (Lewiston, ME)]
- The News & Advance, Lynchburg, Va., Casey Gillis column
- Joshua Radin loves to sing about love
- Haitian music, culture take center stage at Compas Fest
- Daily Trivia Byte
- 'Iron Man 3' makes $1 billion worldwide, $300 million domestically
- As 'The Office' ends, other workplace shows find a big TV audience