This 2012 hybrid is a part of the third-generation Prius, which was all-new for the 2010 model year.
According to Toyota, more than a million Prius autos have been sold in the U.S. since 2000.
The 2012 Prius offers four driving modes ("normal," "power," eco" and "EV"). The EV mode allows driving on battery power alone at low speeds for about a mile, if conditions permit.
A 1.8-liter Atkinson-cycle, four-cylinder engine produces 98 horsepower at 5,200 rpm. Together with its electric motor, the hybrid system generates a combined 134 net horsepower.
The Prius starts at $32,000 MSRP.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Twitter Offers App Install Ads
- What to Expect From an Amazon Smartphone
- Asia Seeks Obama's Assurance Over Spats
- Nevada Range Showdown Draws Armed Supporters
- Coachella's Young Audience a Marketers Paradise
- Putin: No Blocks to Boosting Relations With West
- NASA's Space Station Robonaut Finally Getting Legs
- National Energy Boom Blurs Political Battle Lines
- Auto Parts Plant Opening in Pa., Jobs on Tap