Secretary of Labor Hilda L. Solis today will join Gustavo Torres, executive director of CASA de Maryland, for a roundtable discussion about job training programs at the organization's Prince George's Welcome Center in Hyattsville, Md.
Related story: "Sec. of Labor Hilda Solis Talks Jobs, Issues Affecting Hispanics"
The discussion also will include program graduates, current participants, county representatives, community college partners and Latino community leaders. The event is open to the news media and a press availability will follow the discussion.
Solis recently visited Phoenix to talk about the Obama administration's effort to create jobs and to listen to economic concerns from metro Phoenix Hispanic community leaders.
Solis also spoke at a forum on student debt at Arizona State University and made a commencement speech at Estrella Mountain Community College, according to The Arizona Republic.
Solis today will tour the center, which provides training programs related to the building and construction trades, child care, English as a Second Language and the requirements of the Labor Department's Occupational Health and Safety Administration, according to a press release.
In 2010, CASA de Maryland was a recipient of a Susan Harwood grant from the Labor Department, which allowed the center to provide training for Hispanic workers in the construction, building and grounds maintenance, and agricultural and warehouse industries in Maryland.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women