In its April print edition, HispanicBusiness ran an item headed "Top 10 Hispanic-owned Companies in Miami 2011," a list showing the top Miami companies' overall ranking on the 2011 HispanicBusiness 500 along with their revenues for 2010.
We inadvertently included five companies from Virginia in the list. The error didn't affect the rankings on the Miami list -- the top 10 companies are indeed Miami companies, while the next five are from Virginia -- but we do regret the error.
However, it does give us the opportunity to mention Express Travel of Miami.
As Olga M. Ramudo, the company's president and CEO, pointed out when she brought the error to our attention, Express Travel ranked at No. 225 on the HispanicBusiness 500, with revenues of $19.7 million for 2010. That doesn't put Express Travel in the Miami top 10 -- but it's exemplary all the same.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Pope Francis, Huge Crowd Joyously Celebrate Easter
- Automakers Turn to China to Fuel Sales Growth
- Iran Denounces U.S. Ruling to Sell Property
- NASA's Space Station Robonaut Finally Getting Legs
- Ohio Couple Married 70 Years, Die 15 Hours Apart
- Nevada Range Showdown Draws Armed Supporters
- Report: Iran VP Says Row Over Reactor Resolved
- Confusion, Anger as Sunken Ferry's Relatives Wait
- Putin: No Blocks to Boosting Relations With West