In its April print edition, HispanicBusiness ran an item headed "Top 10 Hispanic-owned Companies in Miami 2011," a list showing the top Miami companies' overall ranking on the 2011 HispanicBusiness 500 along with their revenues for 2010.
We inadvertently included five companies from Virginia in the list. The error didn't affect the rankings on the Miami list -- the top 10 companies are indeed Miami companies, while the next five are from Virginia -- but we do regret the error.
However, it does give us the opportunity to mention Express Travel of Miami.
As Olga M. Ramudo, the company's president and CEO, pointed out when she brought the error to our attention, Express Travel ranked at No. 225 on the HispanicBusiness 500, with revenues of $19.7 million for 2010. That doesn't put Express Travel in the Miami top 10 -- but it's exemplary all the same.
Most Popular Stories
- Illegal Immigration Near Historic Low, Despite What You May Have Heard
- Small-Business Loans Fueling Economic Growth
- Ford: New F-150 Is No Lightweight
- Gasoline Costs Drive Consumer Price Increases
- Saudi Arabia Will Open Stock Market to Foreigners
- Durbin Drubs Walgreen for Possible Tax Dodge
- Tesco Head Steps Down After Profit Warning
- Russians Fed Steady Diet of Conspiracy Theories
- Want a Job? Try Minneapolis
- Comic-Con Offers Toy Designers a Chance to Go Wild