Formula One world champion Sebastian Vettel has dismissed British news reports that he has agreed to join Ferrari in 2014.
Citing F1 insiders, The Sunday Times and Independent on Sunday said that the Red Bull driver had signed a pre-contract with Ferrari and race for them if they provided him with a competitive car.
But Vettel told the auto, motor und sport website after a fourth-place finish in Sunday's Monaco Grand Prix: "It looks like someone had to fill some space in the newspaper. I have signed nothing."
Vettel said in the past that he wants to drive for Ferrari at some stage in his career. His Red Bull contract runs until 2014.
Most Popular Stories
- Fed Committee Optimistic About Growth Prospects
- How ESPN Became a $50B Sports Empire
- Pot's Legal in WA -- But You Should Probably Ask Your Boss
- Challenger Raises Bar on Muscle Cars
- Fight Against Teacher Tenure Gains Momentum
- President Obama Relishes Roadshow, but Agenda Still Stuck
- Small Businesses Could Get Paid Faster
- Stevie Fielder Changes Tune on Thad Cochran Vote-buying Story
- Pau Gasol Turns Down Lakers' Offer
- California Chambers Head for the O.C.