Formula One world champion Sebastian Vettel has dismissed British news reports that he has agreed to join Ferrari in 2014.
Citing F1 insiders, The Sunday Times and Independent on Sunday said that the Red Bull driver had signed a pre-contract with Ferrari and race for them if they provided him with a competitive car.
But Vettel told the auto, motor und sport website after a fourth-place finish in Sunday's Monaco Grand Prix: "It looks like someone had to fill some space in the newspaper. I have signed nothing."
Vettel said in the past that he wants to drive for Ferrari at some stage in his career. His Red Bull contract runs until 2014.
Most Popular Stories
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts
- Spiders Get Bigger, Reproduce Faster in Cities
- Faith Groups Divest From Fossil Fuels
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- James Foley Beheading Video Is Real Thing: White House
- Entrepreneur Contest Announced in Idaho
- Why BofA Won't Pay $17 Billion After All
- Notes From the July FOMC Meeting
- Obama Weighs Move on Legal Immigration
- Eric Holder Arrives in Ferguson