Formula One world champion Sebastian Vettel has dismissed British news reports that he has agreed to join Ferrari in 2014.
Citing F1 insiders, The Sunday Times and Independent on Sunday said that the Red Bull driver had signed a pre-contract with Ferrari and race for them if they provided him with a competitive car.
But Vettel told the auto, motor und sport website after a fourth-place finish in Sunday's Monaco Grand Prix: "It looks like someone had to fill some space in the newspaper. I have signed nothing."
Vettel said in the past that he wants to drive for Ferrari at some stage in his career. His Red Bull contract runs until 2014.
Most Popular Stories
- Chinese May Have Spotted Malaysia Airlines Debris
- Why Buffett Bets Big on Green Energy
- 3 Shot Dead in Venezuela Unrest
- Banks Buying Little From Minority Firms: Study
- Better Pay Means Bigger Profits: Strategist
- Several Texas Cities Top Job Search List
- First-time Jobless Claims Drop Unexpectedly
- Senate Committee OKs Bill to Sanction Russia
- G7 Presses Russia to Pull Troops Out of Crimea
- Wall Street Rally Heads Off 3rd Day of Decline