A business idea from Aria Eppinger, a fourth-grader from Squirrel Hill, won billionaire Warren Buffett's nationwide, Grow Your Own Business competition.
Eppinger, age 10, also takes home and a grand prize of $5,000, for besting ideas from more than 3,000 entrants ages 7 to 16. She and four other finalists presented their ideas to Buffett and a panel of judges on Monday in Omaha.
Eppinger's concept was to create an easy way for children to make light-up clothing. It would entail a kit with LED lights, colored conductive thread that carries electricity, switches, batteries and her own LED Snap Caps -- decorative pieces that fit on top of the lights. The kits could be sold online or at craft stores.
Most Popular Stories
- McDonald's Packages Coffee for National Distribution
- James Foley Beheading Video Is Real Thing: White House
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Honda's Safe Approach Pays Off in Sales
- Target Slashes Annual Profit Outlook
- Google Kid Accounts Plan Raises Worries
- Castro-Blanco Joins Fifth Street Finance Board
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts
- Ballmer Steps Down From Microsoft Board
- Islamic Militant in James Foley Beheading Video May Be English