A business idea from Aria Eppinger, a fourth-grader from Squirrel Hill, won billionaire Warren Buffett's nationwide, Grow Your Own Business competition.
Eppinger, age 10, also takes home and a grand prize of $5,000, for besting ideas from more than 3,000 entrants ages 7 to 16. She and four other finalists presented their ideas to Buffett and a panel of judges on Monday in Omaha.
Eppinger's concept was to create an easy way for children to make light-up clothing. It would entail a kit with LED lights, colored conductive thread that carries electricity, switches, batteries and her own LED Snap Caps -- decorative pieces that fit on top of the lights. The kits could be sold online or at craft stores.
Most Popular Stories
- 15 Myths That Could Ruin Your Hispanic Ad Campaign
- General Motors Names Mary Barra as First Female CEO
- Cold Dis-comfort: Antarctica Set Record of -135.8
- Obama Delivers Speech at Mandela Memorial: Transcript
- Uruguay Gets Ready for Legal Marijuana
- Oldaker Takes Center Stage at Entrepreneur Awards
- Slow Week Ahead of December FOMC Meeting
- Hispanics Seek to Grow School Board Members
- Russia Says Nyet to Canada North Pole Claim
- 'Knockout Game': Myth or Menace?