A business idea from Aria Eppinger, a fourth-grader from Squirrel Hill, won billionaire Warren Buffett's nationwide, Grow Your Own Business competition.
Eppinger, age 10, also takes home and a grand prize of $5,000, for besting ideas from more than 3,000 entrants ages 7 to 16. She and four other finalists presented their ideas to Buffett and a panel of judges on Monday in Omaha.
Eppinger's concept was to create an easy way for children to make light-up clothing. It would entail a kit with LED lights, colored conductive thread that carries electricity, switches, batteries and her own LED Snap Caps -- decorative pieces that fit on top of the lights. The kits could be sold online or at craft stores.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?