A business idea from Aria Eppinger, a fourth-grader from Squirrel Hill, won billionaire Warren Buffett's nationwide, Grow Your Own Business competition.
Eppinger, age 10, also takes home and a grand prize of $5,000, for besting ideas from more than 3,000 entrants ages 7 to 16. She and four other finalists presented their ideas to Buffett and a panel of judges on Monday in Omaha.
Eppinger's concept was to create an easy way for children to make light-up clothing. It would entail a kit with LED lights, colored conductive thread that carries electricity, switches, batteries and her own LED Snap Caps -- decorative pieces that fit on top of the lights. The kits could be sold online or at craft stores.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women