The soundtrack to the Hollywood movie musical "Rock of Ages," featuring Tom Cruise and Alec Baldwin singing 1980s anthems, is set for release next month.
WaterTower Music said those who pre-order the set through iTunes will get a free download of Cruise singing "Pour Some Sugar on Me."
Starring Cruise, Baldwin, Julianne Hough, Diego Boneta, Russell Brand, Paul Giamatti, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Malin Akerman and Mary J. Blige, the film and its soundtrack are set for release June 5.
In the film, Cruise plays "larger-than-life, arena-rocking champ 'Stacee Jaxx,'" a synopsis said.
He sings Bon Jovi's "Wanted Dead or Alive," Def Leppard's "Pour Some Sugar On Me" and Guns 'N Roses "Paradise City." He also duets with Akerman on Foreigner's "I Want to Know What Love Is" and with Hough on The Scorpions' "Rock You Like a Hurricane."
The soundtrack also features a medley of Night Ranger's "Sister Christian," David Lee Roth's "Just Like Paradise," and Poison's "Nothin' But a Good Time," which features Hough, Boneta, Brand and Baldwin.
Also included on the soundtrack are mash-ups of 1980s hits like Foreigner's "Juke Box Hero"/Joan Jett's "I Love Rock 'N Roll"; Extreme's "More Than Words"/Warrant's "Heaven"; Pat Benatar's "Shadows of the Night"/Quarterflash's "Harden My Heart"; and Starship's "We Built This City" woven into Twisted Sister's "We're Not Gonna Take It," all performed by the film's cast.
Most Popular Stories
- Government: 500 Million Records Stolen in 12 Months
- Mom Makes Toys R Us Pull 'Breaking Bad' Dolls
- More Hispanic Voters May Not Mean More Clout
- Pistorius Gets 5-year Sentence in Shooting Death
- Apple Pay Debuts With Few Issues
- Cuba Deploys More Medicos in Ebola Fight
- 2016 Camaro Shrinks, Moves to Caddy Platform
- Volatility No Reason to Bail on Stock Market
- Samsung Phones Cleared For U.S. Government Use
- Disney's Animated Feature 'Moana' Slated for 2016 Release