The soundtrack to the Hollywood movie musical "Rock of Ages," featuring Tom Cruise and Alec Baldwin singing 1980s anthems, is set for release next month.
WaterTower Music said those who pre-order the set through iTunes will get a free download of Cruise singing "Pour Some Sugar on Me."
Starring Cruise, Baldwin, Julianne Hough, Diego Boneta, Russell Brand, Paul Giamatti, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Malin Akerman and Mary J. Blige, the film and its soundtrack are set for release June 5.
In the film, Cruise plays "larger-than-life, arena-rocking champ 'Stacee Jaxx,'" a synopsis said.
He sings Bon Jovi's "Wanted Dead or Alive," Def Leppard's "Pour Some Sugar On Me" and Guns 'N Roses "Paradise City." He also duets with Akerman on Foreigner's "I Want to Know What Love Is" and with Hough on The Scorpions' "Rock You Like a Hurricane."
The soundtrack also features a medley of Night Ranger's "Sister Christian," David Lee Roth's "Just Like Paradise," and Poison's "Nothin' But a Good Time," which features Hough, Boneta, Brand and Baldwin.
Also included on the soundtrack are mash-ups of 1980s hits like Foreigner's "Juke Box Hero"/Joan Jett's "I Love Rock 'N Roll"; Extreme's "More Than Words"/Warrant's "Heaven"; Pat Benatar's "Shadows of the Night"/Quarterflash's "Harden My Heart"; and Starship's "We Built This City" woven into Twisted Sister's "We're Not Gonna Take It," all performed by the film's cast.
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Bogdanovitch Delivers Laughs With 'She's Funny'
- Labor Day Travel Up, Gas Prices Down
- Nintendo Launching 'Amiibo' Toy-game Franchise
- U.K. Raises Terror Threat Level to 'Severe'
- Apple to Unveil New Items on Sept. 9
- Parra Joins Exclusive Club of Hispanic CEOs
- Axxis Solutions Appoints Benites as CEO
- Canada, Russia Go to War (on Twitter)
- Obama Puts Ukraine Violence on Russia