The soundtrack to the Hollywood movie musical "Rock of Ages," featuring Tom Cruise and Alec Baldwin singing 1980s anthems, is set for release next month.
WaterTower Music said those who pre-order the set through iTunes will get a free download of Cruise singing "Pour Some Sugar on Me."
Starring Cruise, Baldwin, Julianne Hough, Diego Boneta, Russell Brand, Paul Giamatti, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Malin Akerman and Mary J. Blige, the film and its soundtrack are set for release June 5.
In the film, Cruise plays "larger-than-life, arena-rocking champ 'Stacee Jaxx,'" a synopsis said.
He sings Bon Jovi's "Wanted Dead or Alive," Def Leppard's "Pour Some Sugar On Me" and Guns 'N Roses "Paradise City." He also duets with Akerman on Foreigner's "I Want to Know What Love Is" and with Hough on The Scorpions' "Rock You Like a Hurricane."
The soundtrack also features a medley of Night Ranger's "Sister Christian," David Lee Roth's "Just Like Paradise," and Poison's "Nothin' But a Good Time," which features Hough, Boneta, Brand and Baldwin.
Also included on the soundtrack are mash-ups of 1980s hits like Foreigner's "Juke Box Hero"/Joan Jett's "I Love Rock 'N Roll"; Extreme's "More Than Words"/Warrant's "Heaven"; Pat Benatar's "Shadows of the Night"/Quarterflash's "Harden My Heart"; and Starship's "We Built This City" woven into Twisted Sister's "We're Not Gonna Take It," all performed by the film's cast.
Most Popular Stories
- Facebook, Twitter Announce Apps for Google Glass
- Will Yahoo Splurge on $1-Billion acquisition of Tumblr?
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Return of Khan?
- Google Fiber Making an Impact
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- Exciting Night for UFC Fans
- Teen Drivers Should Be Prepared for Any Car-Related Situation
- Summer Movies Aimed at Young Men, Teen Boys
- RFD-TV launches on Charter Cable