Scenes from Ashton Kutcher's Steve Jobs film will be shot in the actual Los Altos, Calif., house where Jobs and Steve Wozniak founded Apple, producers said.
Kutcher will play Jobs, the iconic Silicon Valley visionary, in the bio-picture, "jOBS," which is to begin principal photography in June.
The film covers Jobs from his early years as an "impressionable youth and wayward hippie, through his initial successes and infamous ousting, to his storybook return and ultimate triumphs as a man who set out to change the world and did just that," said a synopsis from Five Star Feature Films.
The film is to be released in late fall.
Jobs, the computer genius who helped revolutionize the communication and entertainment industries, died of cancer in October. He was 56.
Most Popular Stories
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- Contra Costa Times Chuck Barney column
- Gillian Anderson is fired up in 'The Fall', but Whicher is suspiciously dull ; The former 'X-Files' star channels her inner Helen Mirren in a new crime drama set in Belfast
- Portland's Arts District to host theater festival from June 26-30 [Sun Journal (Lewiston, ME)]
- The News & Advance, Lynchburg, Va., Casey Gillis column
- Joshua Radin loves to sing about love
- Haitian music, culture take center stage at Compas Fest
- Daily Trivia Byte
- 'Iron Man 3' makes $1 billion worldwide, $300 million domestically
- As 'The Office' ends, other workplace shows find a big TV audience