President Barack Obama's campaign has added Melody Gonzales as Virginia Latino vote director.
Gonzales, who starts this week, last served as director of member outreach for the vice chairman of the House Democratic Caucus, Rep. Xavier Becerra of California. She worked on Obama's 2008 campaign as the Latino vote canvass director in Colorado.
Republicans have also begun efforts to reach Hispanic voters, who make up about 8 percent of the state's population.
Presumptive GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney's camp on Friday released its first general election TV ad in English and Spanish.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women