President Barack Obama's campaign has added Melody Gonzales as Virginia Latino vote director.
Gonzales, who starts this week, last served as director of member outreach for the vice chairman of the House Democratic Caucus, Rep. Xavier Becerra of California. She worked on Obama's 2008 campaign as the Latino vote canvass director in Colorado.
Republicans have also begun efforts to reach Hispanic voters, who make up about 8 percent of the state's population.
Presumptive GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney's camp on Friday released its first general election TV ad in English and Spanish.
Most Popular Stories
- Cape Cod Building Mussel Industry
- Hollywood Eager to Grasp Hispanic Market
- Frightfully Fun Films Return for Halloween
- Sears Denies Store Closings, Layoffs Report
- Microsoft Beats Income Expectations
- Cloud Lifts Microsoft's Quarterly Results
- Would Soccer Be Richer Without Small Clubs?
- Pfizer Approves $11 Billion Buyback Plan
- IS Funded by Black Market Oil Sales, Racketeering
- Weekly Jobless Claims Rise but Remain Low