President Barack Obama's campaign has added Melody Gonzales as Virginia Latino vote director.
Gonzales, who starts this week, last served as director of member outreach for the vice chairman of the House Democratic Caucus, Rep. Xavier Becerra of California. She worked on Obama's 2008 campaign as the Latino vote canvass director in Colorado.
Republicans have also begun efforts to reach Hispanic voters, who make up about 8 percent of the state's population.
Presumptive GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney's camp on Friday released its first general election TV ad in English and Spanish.
Most Popular Stories
- 15 Myths That Could Ruin Your Hispanic Ad Campaign
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- General Motors Names Mary Barra as First Female CEO
- AIG to Create 230 Jobs in Charlotte
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- Pacific Trade Pact Delay Hinders U.S. Pivot to Asia
- Californians Want to Legalize Marijuana
- Scripps Shares Rise on Reported Bid Talks
- Russia Says Nyet to Canada North Pole Claim
- Budget Deal Sets Off Grumbles in Both Houses