This morning, Spotify launched for Apple's iPad with features that take advantage of the new version of the iPad, such as being optimized for the retina display.
Spotify for iPad is already getting largely favorable reviews from the likes of Engadget, Mashable, and The Verge.
Spotify, based in Stockholm, Sweden, is a music streaming service that provides online access to millions of songs, including from major labels. The service features social media integration with Facebook and and Twitter; Facebook users can see and access friends' playlists. It can be used as a free service, though upgrading to the paid services offers enhancements such as unlimited music, no advertisements, higher bit rate transmissions, and exclusive content.
Most Popular Stories
- Congress Passes Law Promoting Transparency Reconstruction of Haiti
- UFC Fight Night Sees Robbie Lawler Win Unanimous Decision
- Desktop, Laptop Setups Still King
- Four DC Comics Properties Brought to TV Get Comic-Con Event
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy ' Sequel Slated for 2017
- Plan to Simplify 2015 Health Renewals May Backfire
- Shania Twain's Vegas residency ending after 110 shows
- Execs Help Entrepreneurs, Get Chevy Volts
- Google Confirms $1B Acquisition of Twitch.tv
- Demand for Fair Trade Brings Big Opportunity, Clear Conscience