This morning, Spotify launched for Apple's iPad with features that take advantage of the new version of the iPad, such as being optimized for the retina display.
Spotify for iPad is already getting largely favorable reviews from the likes of Engadget, Mashable, and The Verge.
Spotify, based in Stockholm, Sweden, is a music streaming service that provides online access to millions of songs, including from major labels. The service features social media integration with Facebook and and Twitter; Facebook users can see and access friends' playlists. It can be used as a free service, though upgrading to the paid services offers enhancements such as unlimited music, no advertisements, higher bit rate transmissions, and exclusive content.
Most Popular Stories
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts
- Hispanic NASCAR Driver Ready to Make History
- Faith Groups Divest From Fossil Fuels
- James Foley Killer Could Be ID'd Via Social Media, Voice Recognition
- James Foley Beheading Video Is Real Thing: White House
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Bank of America Agrees to Pay Record $16.65 Billion
- Entrepreneur Contest Announced in Idaho
- U.S. Existing Home Sales Rise 4th Month Straight
- Stocks Moving Higher Again for 4th Day