This morning, Spotify launched for Apple's iPad with features that take advantage of the new version of the iPad, such as being optimized for the retina display.
Spotify for iPad is already getting largely favorable reviews from the likes of Engadget, Mashable, and The Verge.
Spotify, based in Stockholm, Sweden, is a music streaming service that provides online access to millions of songs, including from major labels. The service features social media integration with Facebook and and Twitter; Facebook users can see and access friends' playlists. It can be used as a free service, though upgrading to the paid services offers enhancements such as unlimited music, no advertisements, higher bit rate transmissions, and exclusive content.
Most Popular Stories
- 2014 Will Be 'Breakthrough Year' for U.S., Obama Says
- Climate Change Isn't an Equal Opportunity Destroyer
- Renewable Energy Group to Acquire Syntroleum
- Kanye, Kardashians and Other Kooks: A Wacky, Tacky, Entertaining Year
- Ally Financial Settles Auto Loan Suit
- Covered California Lags on Hispanic Enrollment
- Luis Suarez Re-ups With Liverpool F.C.
- Chris Christie Set to Sign Tuition Aid Bill
- Time No Longer Stands Still for Cuban Entrepreneurs
- Gay Athletes Part of U.S. Sochi Group