This morning, Spotify launched for Apple's iPad with features that take advantage of the new version of the iPad, such as being optimized for the retina display.
Spotify for iPad is already getting largely favorable reviews from the likes of Engadget, Mashable, and The Verge.
Spotify, based in Stockholm, Sweden, is a music streaming service that provides online access to millions of songs, including from major labels. The service features social media integration with Facebook and and Twitter; Facebook users can see and access friends' playlists. It can be used as a free service, though upgrading to the paid services offers enhancements such as unlimited music, no advertisements, higher bit rate transmissions, and exclusive content.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?