Google today, with the Mobile Marketing Association (MMA), the leading global trade association for the mobile industry, announced the launch of an updated version of "Our Mobile Planet," a mobile consumer data resource that provides free access to powerful data across 40 countries in 22 languages at thinkwithgoogle.com/mobileplanet.
Originally launched at the MMA Forum in London in October of 2011, "Our Mobile Planet" provides users with free access to the data from the unique smartphone research conducted across 40 markets worldwide by Google in collaboration with Ipsos MediaCT and the MMA.? For today's re-launch, conducted with Ipsos, the IAB and the MMA, Google commissioned Ipsos to conduct new research on smartphone Internet users across 26 countries in Q1 2012. The updated research is available on the new site, thinkwithgoogle.com/mobileplanet and also provides full data downloads and executive summary reports for each country in the 2012 research.
So which six countries have the highest smartphone adoption? "Our Mobile Planet" reports that Australia, the UK, Sweden, Norway, Saudi Arabia and the UAE all have more than 50% of their population on smartphones. An additional seven countries - the US, New Zealand, Denmark, Ireland, the Netherlands, Spain and Switzerland - now have more than 40% smartphone penetration.
Most Popular Stories
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- Contra Costa Times Chuck Barney column
- Gillian Anderson is fired up in 'The Fall', but Whicher is suspiciously dull ; The former 'X-Files' star channels her inner Helen Mirren in a new crime drama set in Belfast
- Portland's Arts District to host theater festival from June 26-30 [Sun Journal (Lewiston, ME)]
- The News & Advance, Lynchburg, Va., Casey Gillis column
- Joshua Radin loves to sing about love
- Haitian music, culture take center stage at Compas Fest
- Daily Trivia Byte
- 'Iron Man 3' makes $1 billion worldwide, $300 million domestically
- As 'The Office' ends, other workplace shows find a big TV audience