Fox Hispanic Media (FHM) today unveiled the initial programming schedule for MundoFox, the new U.S. Spanish-language broadcast network it's launching this summer.
FHM announced new programming schedules for the rest of the division's channels during an Upfront event held today at the Ziegfeld Theatre in New York City.
This is the second Upfront for Fox Hispanic Media, News Corp.'s portfolio of differentiated Spanish-language networks dedicated to helping marketers more effectively reach the booming U.S. Hispanic market.
The event included presentations from top executives of FHM's four Spanish-language networks -- MundoFox, FOX Deportes, a leading Hispanic sports network; Utilisima, a women's lifestyle network; and Nat Geo Mundo, a non-fiction entertainment network now in its second year.
On hand to celebrate were on-air personalities Laura Posada and Martin Llorens from Utilisima; Majida Issa, Natalia Duran and Margarita Ortega from shows set to air on MundoFox; and MMA fighters Carlos Condit and Anthony Pettis from the UFC, which can be seen on FOX Deportes and MundoFox this summer.
"We're bringing something the U.S. Hispanic market needs more of: innovation and choice for both viewers and advertisers," said Hernan Lopez, president and CEO of Fox International Channels. "Our properties create a synergy that will allow marketers to more effectively reach the new Latino consumer."
Related story: "Discovery US Hispanic Releases New Blockbuster Series, Original Programming"
"It's clear that the media buying community wants more choice and a higher quality option for their Spanish-language advertising dollars," said Tom Maney, senior vice president of advertising sales for Fox Hispanic Media. "There has been a significant disconnect between the size of the market and how effectively it has been reached. Fox Hispanic Media provides an opportunity for advertisers to message the Latino viewer in ways that were not previously possible."
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women