Cinco de Mayo celebrating came a day early with tequila shots at Sabor Latino, the 10th annual Latin Women's Initiative Luncheon and Fashion Show. Cyndy Garza Roberts chaired the festive event, which raised about $250,000 for distribution to six organizations.
Hard to say what was more colorful: the 600 cheerful guests, the designs on the runway or the goods offered by boutique vendors. (We're still coveting Palomino by Blanca's embroidered belts, Pineda Covalin's silk caftans and Monka jewelry.)
Mexican designers Alberto Rodriguez, Cristina Pineda and Ricardo Covalin, Jesus Ibarra, Bertholdo Espinoza, Lydia Lavin and Edgardo Luengas joined the models for the runway finale.
Leading the fun: Emcee Father T.J. Martinez, LWI president Ana Matamoros and past chairs Carmen Maria Montiel de Lechin, Trini Mendenhall Sosa, Miriam Sera and Patricia Herrera.
Loving it: Rosi Hernandez, Michele Perez, Terry Morales, John Hernandez, Betty Flores, Gloria Bounds, Al Deshon, Irma Diaz-Gonzalez, Leticia Fallick, Paula Hinton, Lorena Karpen, Soraya McClelland, Chriselda Barrientes, Alexandra Ceballos, Elva Flores, Gina Gaston, Fady Armanious, Merele Yarborough and Philamena Baird.
Most Popular Stories
- Small-Business Loans Fueling Economic Growth
- Comic-Con Offers Toy Designers a Chance to Go Wild
- Google Chrome Bug Draining Batteries: Report
- Tesco Head Steps Down After Profit Warning
- Want a Job? Try Minneapolis
- Clinton Wants U.S., E.U. to Get Tough on Russia
- Startup Makes It Easier to Buy American
- GM Looking for Ignition Fix for Certain Cadillacs
- BlackBerry Appoints New COO from LiveOps Inc.
- U.S. Stocks Start the Week on Shaky Ground