Kraft Foods Group, manufacturer of Planters Peanuts, announced that it has issued a voluntary recall of one code date of Planters Cocktail Peanuts sold in 12 oz. canisters due to a possibility that the product was exposed to water not intended for use in food during the production process.
The affected Planters Cocktail Peanuts are "code date 09-Jan-14, UPC 2900007212"; this information can be found on the bottom of the canister.
According to the company, there have been no illnesses reported or complaints related to this product; Kraft Foods says it is issuing this voluntary recall "out of an abundance of caution."
Per Kraft: "Consumers who purchased the affected code date of this product should not eat them. They should return them to the store of purchase for an exchange or full refund. Consumers also can contact Kraft Foods Consumer Relations at 1-800-396-2133. Hours of operation are 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. EDT, Monday to Friday."
Most Popular Stories
- Ex-Mobster to Bulger: Just Say Sorry
- Google Stock Split Ahead
- Guns Are Hot in California
- OSH Selling Most of Its Stores to Lowe's
- El Paso Symposium Offers Help to Startups
- MillerCoors Taps New Hispanic Ad Agency
- First Person Cured of AIDS Virus Wants to Help Others
- Small Businesses Hiring, but Worry About Expense
- Honda Says Sorry About the Lack of Electric Fits
- LULAC Convention Starts With Focus on LGBT Youth