While South Florida airports are not expecting the crush of activity for Easter that they would for Thanksgiving or Christmas, some airport runways, hallways and roadways will still be busy this weekend.
At Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport, passenger traffic Thursday through Monday is expected to be up slightly over that of the same period last year, with Saturday being the busiest day, spokesman Greg Meyer said Friday.
Meyer said that not only will people be traveling to get to Easter festivities, many will also be heading to local seaports to catch a cruise.
"We also have a weekend where people are traveling for Passover, so it should be very busy," Meyer said.
At Miami International Airport, officials are also expecting weekend traffic to be busy, continuing the increase in travelers experienced since April 1.
Since last Sunday, the airport has seen passenger numbers in the range of 104,000 to 126,000, or increases of 11.5 percent to 26.5 percent compared to the same period a year ago, spokesman Marc Henderson said Friday.
Palm Beach International Airport officials are expecting it to be about normal this Easter weekend.
There should be enough parking on- and off-site at all three South Florida airports, at prices from $7.50 to $32.50 a day. For travelers parking at Fort Lauderdale's airport, tune into Airport Radio Station 1670 a.m. or log onto fll.net for the latest on available parking. At PBI, officials said the long-term parking lot has the most spaces, is easier to access and is typically the most convenient for travelers.
Most Popular Stories
- Rackspace Ends Talks About Possible Acquisition
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- Missouri GM Plant Adding 750 jobs
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006
- Cedeno Named USHCC Businessman of the Year
- Aaron Hernandez: I Felt Helpless to Refuse Police
- Can Kobach Keep Taylor's Name on Ballot?
- Parameters Being Drawn for IS Action
- Anheuser-Busch, Visa Voice NFL Disapproval
- Two-thirds of Hispanics Doubt Media Accuracy