While South Florida airports are not expecting the crush of activity for Easter that they would for Thanksgiving or Christmas, some airport runways, hallways and roadways will still be busy this weekend.
At Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport, passenger traffic Thursday through Monday is expected to be up slightly over that of the same period last year, with Saturday being the busiest day, spokesman Greg Meyer said Friday.
Meyer said that not only will people be traveling to get to Easter festivities, many will also be heading to local seaports to catch a cruise.
"We also have a weekend where people are traveling for Passover, so it should be very busy," Meyer said.
At Miami International Airport, officials are also expecting weekend traffic to be busy, continuing the increase in travelers experienced since April 1.
Since last Sunday, the airport has seen passenger numbers in the range of 104,000 to 126,000, or increases of 11.5 percent to 26.5 percent compared to the same period a year ago, spokesman Marc Henderson said Friday.
Palm Beach International Airport officials are expecting it to be about normal this Easter weekend.
There should be enough parking on- and off-site at all three South Florida airports, at prices from $7.50 to $32.50 a day. For travelers parking at Fort Lauderdale's airport, tune into Airport Radio Station 1670 a.m. or log onto fll.net for the latest on available parking. At PBI, officials said the long-term parking lot has the most spaces, is easier to access and is typically the most convenient for travelers.
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- Is Diversity in the Eye of the Beholder?
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- 'Mythbusters' Build Team Gets the Boot
- Investors Betting on ECB Stimulus Measures
- Jennifer Lopez Would Marry Again
- Florida Judge Rules in Favor of GOP Voter Map
- Mo'Ne Davis a Big Winner Despite Loss
- Hackers Get Homeland Security Employee Records
- DHS Warns Retailers About Malware in Cash Registers