Notorious killer Charles Manson has long gray hair and beard, a photo issued by California prison officials shows.
The mug shot, taken at the state prison in Corcoran State Prison last June but released a week ahead of his upcoming parole hearing, shows Manson, 77, still has a Nazi swastika tattooed on his forehead, ABC News reported Thursday. In his last photo, released three years ago, Manson had a shaved head and his beard was trimmed short.
Manson is serving life in prison for his conviction on seven counts of first-degree murder for directing his band of followers to go on a 1969 killing spree in Los Angeles.
The account of the Manson cult family's murderous rampage was retold in the book "Helter Skelter," written by the case's prosecutor, Vincent Bugliosi.
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Illinois Issues Fracking Rules
- Detroit Muslim Conference Stirs Controversy
- Echeveste Steps Down, Perez Steps Up at VPE
- Clippers Deal Started With 2 Numbers
- Startups Offer Smartphone Banking Apps
- 'Longmire' Cancelled, Looks for New Network
- Hip-Hop Takes Up Ferguson Cause
- Canada, Russia Go to War (on Twitter)
- Immigration Delay Throws Both Parties a Curve