America loves cover songs -- or, rather, cover songs done well. How else can you explain the insane popularity of American Idol and its upstart competitor, The Voice? Cover songs are center stage in the pending movie Rock of Ages, along with megastars such as Tom Cruise and up-and-comers like Diego Boneta.
In a new trailer of 'Rock of Ages,' Tom Cruise covers Bon Jovi, a badly wigged Alec Baldwin shows his comedy chops, and we get our first inkling of how this Broadway hit will translate to the big screen.
The film, which opens June 15, is actor/singer Diego Boneta's feature film debut. He's been seen previously in TV roles on such shows as Mexican soap opera 'Rebelde,' and '90210' and 'Pretty Little Liars' on U.S. television. Songs include hits from Def Leppard, Joan Jett, Journey, Foreigner, Bon Jovi, Night Ranger, REO Speedwagon, Pat Benatar, Twisted Sister, Poison and Whitesnake.
Most Popular Stories
- SpaceX's Satellite Launch Is 'Game-Changer'
- Reid Confident Congress to Pass Immigration Bill
- Maui Visitor Killed in Shark Attack
- Donors Abandon GOP Over Gun Stance
- Mexico: 'Extremely Dangerous' Radioactive Material Stolen
- CEOs More Optimistic About Economy, Hiring
- Climate Change Early Warning System Urged
- Private Sector Employment Surges by 215,000 Jobs
- Calif. Likes Christie, Says Tea Party's a Drag
- Newtown 911 Tapes Being Released Today